The City That Never Sleeps
Best viewed in Google Chrome, screen resolution 1280 x 1024. Do not put too much content under each header or else some of the content could not be seen.




posted : Friday, 23 November 2012
title : Alco.
And now for no reason whatsoever, I'm gonna talk about alcohol. I guess mainly because it's the thing getting me through the past few days, just hope I don't get addicted. Anyway just wanna talk about some of them that I've tasted that really strikes me.

First we have the basic basic 7-11 kind of vodka mix. Very low percentage and a generally small amount in the bottle too. I would say since these are flavoured, only a couple of flavours are nice like peach for some brand i forgot and black currant for 8per-cent. There was one I took that tasted like cough syrup so yeah, that one sucks it's like a bottle of cough medicine. These can never get you high in any way but it makes me heat up a lot, like my body will heat up and I'll start sweating.

Alright then let's move on to beers. First time tasting it I didn't really like the taste, very bitter with an aftertaste once I swallow it. Eventually though, okay more like the next time I had it, it was flavoured beer (Hoegaarden at Lenas) and I started to appreciate the taste more. And what I found was that I liked the lychee flavoured one (no lychee taste at all actually) most compared to strawberry and apple. Do yeah now it's the staple drink, I use it like plain water when I'm drinking other drinks to wash them down. So far I like Asahi best though I drink Erdinger the most since its available at most places in tap. Tried Tiger once too, was okay la I would say but I don't like the name hahah. When we were in China we had bottles of their local brand there too, most of us didn't really like the taste but I guess my taste sensitivity is too low to taste much difference anyway. I usually have one or two pints of beer to hype myself up before switching to a couple of other drinks but I found that beer seems to be the only thing that hypes me up. Tried Harry's Premium Lager last night too, slightly more effervescent that usual but otherwise pretty good. So yeah I'm gonna start taking Baron again to see if I like it this time.

Now moving on to alcohol in ice cream! Haven't tried much, only rum (& raisin) and stout. Both were one pint each at Ice Cream Gallery and the taste is really good and strong in each one. The rum and raisin is stronger than from other places that I tried. Apparently the stout one was so strong, Boon's sister could smell it on her when she got home. I preferred the stout one more because the base ice cream is dark chocolate and coffee which the makes the whole thing that much sweeter.

And now mixed drinks. This one I haven't tried much either. So far I've only tried:
Whiskey-Coke
Vodka-Peach
Brandy-Red Bull
Gin-Orange
And I think so far the nicest mixes are the ones with fruit in them so they're sweet. I think fruit tastes always kill the alcohol taste though, like cannot overpower. Yeah but I'd definitely go about trying more of these because there's endless possibilities hahah. The whiskey-coke one was quite bad though, I really had to swallow it down by force cos it wasn't a nice flavour or anything. The brandy and red bull one was not bad, the taste of brandy was quite strong at first but the after taste was red bull. Like some sweet medicine hahah.

Alright now international drinks, cocktails and others. I like these mainly because of the aesthetics, I mean if something looked nice it makes you wanna drink it more right? The tequila sunrise from Harry's is good, very sweet the way I like it without killing off the alcohol bitter. It's aesthetically nice too, vibrant pink and reddish, it's really not bad. Mojitos vary throughout the places. The one at Sahara was not bad but seriously I felt like I was eating leaves half the time. The leaf taste was overpowering and I just keep seeing leaves flying everywhere. The mojito at Timbré was so so only, quite bland, not much of a refreshing kick there. But their mango mojito there is nice though, it's much more refreshing, and I've yet to try their ice blended one. Screaming orgasm I've tried once at Harry's, the taste doesn't match the look I must say, and i don't really like the taste though it's still not bad to drink. Snowball is definitely different from the rest I've tried, it's thicker, creamier and sort of like a milkshake so it's not so bad but I don't think I'll go for it again. The lychee cocktail at Sahara tasted not bad, mainly because the alcohol wasn't strong I think, it was a pretty bland drink I must say, just a tinge of sweet and bitter. The mango margarita at Timbré was good though, I really liked it, the lime one was pretty refreshing too but I'm not much of a citrus person so yup, mango for me. And the salt around the edges makes it that much snazzier to drink hahah. I'm not sure whether it was a margarita or some other cocktail but it was mango mixed too, had that at Harry's recently and well, it pretty much tasted like mango juice. Honestly. Couldn't taste the alcohol even the slightest bit...maybe they forgot it. And most most recently, I had this Bacardi coke and something mix, there were two, both going down for promotion cos they were new or something. The first one tasted good, rich and flavourful and most definitely spicy, seriously burnt a trail down all the way to my stomach but hell, next time I'm going there, that's what I'm gonna get. Pretty strong I must say, but definitely good. The second one tasted a lot more like sweet cough syrup, it wasn't that bad but i preferred the first one clearly. Think I've had other drinks too but can't really remember them at the moment.