The City That Never Sleeps
Best viewed in Google Chrome, screen resolution 1280 x 1024. Do not put too much content under each header or else some of the content could not be seen.




posted : Saturday, 8 September 2012
title : The Unoriginal Boyfriend Strikes Back
Today was our firstest dragonboat race. It was under SAVA sprints, and basically the event is international so means besides SP, NYP and RP kinds theres still people from organisations like German Dragons, American Dragons, NAGA, Tampines North Team etc. scarily enough our first race was up against NTU and German dragons. One look and we were like oh man we're screwed, these people have been racing for years.. NTU was a good team obviously and they came in first for our race. The other two of us on the other hand got caught in this whole fiasco when the coxswain of the German dragons somehow steered their boat right into ours, pinning our left side unable to paddle and the right side almost capsizing in. They were pretty harsh about it too, broke Natasha's paddle and sprained her finger until in the end their coxswain fell into the water. I have to say Celsius is a pretty good coxswain, he steers the boat damn well and his instructions also very good. After that, we had to go for another round to try qualify into the semis, and man this time the boats we were up against were really really good, so we lost that race pretty badly by two seats. Nonetheless I think all of us felt that the second race set was better for two reasons: first off, the first set was slightly panicky so we had shorter faster strokes, the back people kanchionged and rushed the pacers who in turn went even faster so in the end the pace was damn hard to catch. Due to this, most of us ended up only using bicep power and didn't have much catch at all so yeah that was bad. For the second set we slowed our pace down a bit but took longer strokes so we all felt that the catch was much better and we actually felt that we were pulling hard water. Besides that, the team spirit in the second set was much much better, like you can really see everyone trying their best and we were all yelling and Sonia was shrieking and yeah, we were all pretty upset after the race.

Race plan was:
Starts (10,20) - ...7, 8, 9, 10ah, ...7, 8, 9, ki ah, ...7, 8, 9, 20, 3, 2, 1, go!
Maintenance - ...push 5, go! 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, ...back support, go! 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Charging - ...last charge, go! 3, 2, 1, go! ....5ah, ..7 up up upah, push ah (push ah), lai ah (lai ah), ki ah (ki ah), sa sa sa!

On the bright side, our senior teams got double champs for men and women tertiary category(:

After the comps, I went to have pepper lunch with Gina and peilih, they were baking earlier in the day and they tapao for me cookies!(: damn nice abit chaotah but still, cookies! Had cheesy omelette curry rice with beef and DAMN it was hella good! Orgasmic food. After that from there I went over to admiralty to meet Sabby to exchange our stuffs. The anklet she gave me was really pretty (and hell complicated) it was the one I saw on YouTube but never even dreamt of making it hahah, the crisscross one. One side can see more blue but the other side can see all three colours better, so blue it is heheh. I bought her cinnamon melts so we sat there and ate for a while, while talking and I kept getting these urges to hug her but every time I leaned over to squeeze her it wasn't really satisfactory. So I kept doing it again and again, she might have gotten annoyed i'm not really sure. I also kissed her, which was nice at the start, I was really enjoying it until she laughed and pulled out and said I tasted Indian -.- end of story there. Yeah so I never really got the proper kiss I wanted before leaving but I guess that'll suffice, unique kissing experience eh. I think she was quite like not happy with me yesterday? Cos I haven't trimmed my toenails so she said its her pet peeve so wah I go home die die go trim, then she said my blog name is unoriginal so means in unoriginal (so yup I'm gonna change this name once I can think of something else being the original person that I am), and well she didn't want to hug me. Which sucked la actually, cos I mean when you hug someone, can really feel whether or not they're hugging you back so..yalah that's why I wanted to hug her so many times. I guess it doesn't work that way hahah. If anything happens to me during this trip ah, I'll die a non satisfied death hahah, or maybe I won't die cos too unsatisfied so tahan until come back Singapore. Funny how the only person who doesn't want to hug me was my girlfriend, but oh we'll guess she just wasn't into me yesterday. Hope she'll..like physical contact with me more next time.

But on the bright side, Casey just told me she's giving me going away cupcakes, so cupcakes(: ah well I guess today was a not bad day, quite nervous about tomorrow though, at this time I'll already be flying to Beijing, further and further away from Sabby. I'll miss that girl a lot.