|
posted : Friday, 2 December 2011
title : Us Against The World
I'm a nightmare, a disaster, that's what they always said. I'm a lost cause, not a hero, but I'll make it on my own. Sabby's parents are angry, damn mad. I'm afraid for us, more than ever i'm afraid for her. I'm scared they'll make her a prisoner in her own life, she doesn't deserve this at all. Punishment really doesn't work, it can deter, but it doesn't change someone's mindset, if not making it even strongwilled. I know this from experience. If someone really learnt from their mistakes, a talk should be enough to make them feel the guilt and change their ways. From the sound of it, sabby seems really angry so i'm guessing nothing really went in, even if there are changes, they're reluctant, not from the heart, and these never really work. Counselling. How will that help seriously. You can change someone's view on things through counselling, but you can never change someone's deepset values through it, its just wrong to change a person by force. Identity crisis much. You can lecture someone for things that impact other people, but you can't lecture them on their take on things. For example, you can lecture someone for stealing a shiny gold bracelet, but you can't lecture the person for liking shiny things, simply because that's their own preference and who are you to say what is right and what is wrong. i woke up just to see her say goodnight. I'll be here for you sabby, and i'll see you again tomorrow. I love you till forever and back. |